止まない雨は ない。。。。。

Sunday, September 10, 2006

MARRIAGE?

What's that? I not gonna be married anytime soon coz well, I don't have anyone to get married to!

Anyways, I attended a wedding last night and I must say I am jealous of the bride. Why? My friend is a divorcee and this is her second marriage. That's not the best part. She divorced coz apparently, her ex-husband was unfaithful. Then she got to know her present husband by two-timing on her boyfriend. Even with her present husband, she goes out on dates with other guys w/o his knowledge when he's away on business trips. She cried during the holy matrimony yesterday and I just wondered what to make out of it. She meant it coz it was just the moment? Another point to add is she's apparently a pretty staunch Christian but she's definitely broken quite a few of the rules. [so help me God, we're all sinners]

Then this morning, luckily I was awake by 915am. My mobile fone rang. Was too tired to switch it off last night so had to live with my "if you dun need to have you fone on, don't!. If a call wakes u up, it's your own fault!" motto. Foreign number flashed 3 times, finally an SMS asking for my mum's number came through. Hmmm... figured it was one of my cousins, but which one? OK, it was Ah Mei. Not good... definitely not good. True enough, her dad punch her mum on the nose coz my aunt refused to give him the title deed to the flat.

Of course, needless to say, for every bad marriage, there are strong unions which really last as they promised and vowed to do and more. Yet, since I still have not found anyone to marry, I guess the question to ask is: SHOULD I GET MARRIED IF I FIND THE RIGHT ONE? Many marriages simply last coz of companionship, not coz of love till the end. Singapore divorce rate breaks records as years pass...

Kind of a sad way to start a sunny Sunday heh? Well, I think I'm never gonna find someone who will love me and wanna spend the rest of their life with me. Would that necessarily be a bad thing? Time will tell... Now all I can think of is what time Piggy will come back and help me cook my instant noodles breakfast with loads of ingrediants!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home