止まない雨は ない。。。。。

Saturday, July 22, 2006

11-10-10-10-10

It's 125am over herein HK. Yes, I'm nuts, I know. Like why in the world did I bring my laptop on my holiday ya? To play WoW. I don't wanna get demoted!! Though it sure looks like I will. So sad...

Anyways, to recap the past few days. Day 1 in Macau was so-so. Went to the square after lunch at the cafe opposite our Golden Dragon Hotel. Bought Macau food products at our very first stop. Then had milk pudding which the rest were not hot about but I loved it! Just realised Carol's expectations very high. She sit Tiger Airways she said very stressed. Next time she'd rather pay a bit more for the normal carriers. Y so stressed? Even I wasn't so fussy when I first sat Tiger Airways in April. Plus her idea of nothing at New Yaohan was our idea of so many things. Went to Fisherman's wharf in the night for dinner. I was ok with it but the rest weren't. Headed to the casino later where i lost S$120 in an hour. How fantastic. How usual.

Day 2 we headed to Zhuhai across the border in China. Bought loads of stuff, ate loads of food. Went Casino at lost S$300 in about 100min. Terrible luck this year gambling.

Day 3 decided to go to Macau Tower first before going to A-Ma Temple. Went to the top observatory deck as well as the open air one 3 stories below. After going to the observatory, we popped into the Tiger Slots at the bottom of the tower. As usual i didn't exactly win and was close to say "let's go" when Carol spotted a sign saying that we could get HK$20 by producing our ticket stubs from the tower visit. So as true Singaporeans do,we signed up as members so that we could get the free value to play our 5 cent machine. And we had no time to visit the A-Ma Temple. One by one we signed up for the card and proceeded to play. Then piggy on her20 cent machine got the hyperlink train feature. Carol and I walked over and saw her trains all lined up waiting to spin n stop at the final deciding value for one of the jackpots. The trains stopped at 11-10-10-10-10. It seemed a preety high number to me coz I know i usually have fives or sixes. Then I saw the word "GRAND JACKPOT" and my eyes immediately glanced at the next machine to see the amount on the screen. Looked back at piggy's machine's screen to see what was the amount, did a quick mental conversion and couldn't believe how much she had won. Carol took her calculator out to convert and we were so stunned. All I wanted to do was to get out of the place ASAP. The truth just didn't sink in yet. Piggy had absolutely no idea how much she won till we told her. Basically, she was the first GRAND JACKPOT winner since the place opened a year back. OMG!!! How lucky can you get??!! Couldn't leave the place sooner than I would have liked to as we had to settle the money issue. The manager was from Malaysia and he told us that he would issue a cheque but that had a cap. So in the end we took the remainder in cash. The rest would be received by us only after about a month.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home